Friday 22 January 2016

Today I Know

Today I know how Alice felt as she sat among the long grass and heard the flowers sing. The blades of grass glimmer as the sun beats down upon them and they dance relentlessly in the light breeze.

As I sit among it I start to wonder, what are my dreams? I know his and hers and yours and how they all are similar to mine. Maybe we all have dreams in common, or maybe over time you've all influenced me.

My dream is this - to sit in the sunshine and be well and able to say what I want and do what I want. I want good wine and food and days spent in good company, in friendship and in love. And in the end I want to grow old, I really do, and by my side I want someone who I know very well. Someone who I know just as well as they know me. And so when they're gone, I won't mind so much because we'll have left behind us a trail of memories that will warm my soul if ever I get lonely.

I don't know when these things will happen, or whether some have already begun. I can't wait to look back and be able to know who I am and who I was. It all starts here, among the long grass and birds, with the sun shining down through the wispy feathers that cloud the sky.

No comments:

Post a Comment