Monday 4 January 2016

I'll call him trust

If I give you my trust, will I be betrayed? If I call you my happiness, will I be dismayed? I don't know whether I'm telling the truth or a lie at any given time. Feelings of reality are blurred and smudged by my ideologies. Sometimes I hold back, sometimes I cross the line.
I'm never sorry, though, that way there's nothing to forgive. If you make mistakes I must make them too, but I'd rather make mistakes with you than make them all alone and have no one to confide in, to laugh with. If we stand shoulder to shoulder, we'll be a better barricade to the looming waves, but I'd rather stand in front of you, facing you, and take the hit. At least that way I'll be able to see you, clear as day in all your insecurity and vulnerability, and know for sure that you're still braver than me.

It's easy to be a coward these days; there's so many ways to hide.

No comments:

Post a Comment